About Jey – PGA Instructor, Professional Golf Lessons in San Diego
Jey Bacani’s career in the golf industry started in 1996. He has been teaching golf for over 17 years and teaches all ages, genders, and skill levels.
Jey has spent his younger years playing all different sports; baseball, football, basketball, soccer, tennis, volleyball and of course golf. He didn’t just play them as a child, he played all of them into his teen years and early adulthood at a high level of competition. His experiences in participating in all these sports allowed him to really understand the movements and motions of the body to achieve consistent and reliable results in a person’s golf swing. For most of us, golf is a sport picked up later in life and most of us have played other sports before golf. Jey uses your past experiences in other sports as a foundation for your golf swing. He uses the motions that are natural to you and use them as examples on how you can relate them to your golf swing.
We all have a desired ball flight that we strive for. This cannot be achieved without proper “ball contact”. Jey understands that not everyone will swing the same way, but everyone should make the same proper contact when striking the golf ball. If you don’t achieve proper contact, then direction and distance doesn’t mean much. He will help you understand your own personal ball flight as well as teach you how to organize and simplify your thoughts before, during, and after your swing. Of course, we won’t forget your short game, bunker play, putting, and mental game. Jey will teach you helpful methods and techniques to bring your scores to the next level.
Let Jey Bacani help you with your journey to a better golf game.
- Jacque Jones Sr., Ex-MLB baseball player and current Assistant Hitting Coach for the Washington Nationals
- Daniel Brainard, Poway HS, UC Riverside men’s golf team member
- Calista Reyes, Rancho Bernardo HS, Stanford University women’s golf team memeber
- Annie McCutchan, Torrey Pines HS, Lewis & Clark College women’s golf team member
- Nastasia Kossacky, Del Norte HS, UNLV women’s golf team member
- Andrew Archer, Poway HS, Chico State University
- Steve Wagner, Co-owner and master brewer of Stone Brewing Company
- Mason Schultz, Poway HS, Boise State University men’s golf team member
- Christina Leung, Westview HS, Pitzer College
- Peter Leung, Westview HS, Pitzer College
- Troy Randle, Poway HS
- Kyle Visselli, Mission Hills HS
- Augie Martiarena, Co-owner of San Diego Paella
- Robert Maldonado, Owner of Anjeos Bar and Grill & Robert’s Jalepenos
- Howon Choo, UC Santa Barbara
- Spencer Figuracion, Concordia University men’s golf team member
- Matthew Tan, Cal State San Marcos
- PGA member since 2007
- Director of Instruction at the Hodges Golf Improvement Center in Escondido
- Owner/Operator of Junior Sticks Golf Academy
- PGA Junior League Golf Captain, 2017 San Diego/Oceanside League Champions
- PGA Junior League Golf All-Star Captain, 2017
- Candidate for Apprentice of the Year in 2004; San Diego PGA Chapter
- Candidate for Apprentice of the Year in 2007; Inland Empire PGA Chapter